Most household fabric softeners contain esterquats from fatty acids as their main components; the esterquats are cationic surfactants that adhere to the fabrics eliminating static cling. Thanks to these fatty components, the softeners improve the smoothing feeling in most fabrics.
The esterquats are used since the 80’s, both in standard formulations and in concentrated softeners. Nevertheless, the manufacturing of softeners with esterquats has some limitations:
- Manufacturing processes require high temperatures, thus involving a significant use of energy.
- The incorporation of fatty components hydrophobise fabrics and they can go rancid.
- It does not allow the formulation of transparent products.
Quimidroga proposes solutions to these disadvantages with the innovative functional polymers Noverite™ 300, from the manufacturer Lubrizol™.
2 in 1 Laundry detergents
As an alternative to the softeners, we can use 2 in 1 detergents. The Noverite™ 300 polymers are incorporated in laundry detergents, to improve the softness and fluffiness of clothes during washing.
New softeners with Noverite™ 300
The Noverite™ 300 polymers also allow the improvement of the fabric softeners thanks to a technology patented by Lubrizol™. The softeners with Noverite™ 300 have various benefits comparing to the conventional ones:
- The formulation of softeners is more flexible, thus allowing the development of new concepts, from opaque to totally transparent products.
- The manufacturing processes are done in cold: no need for facilities hot working which implies a significant energy saving.
- The fabrics are more hydrophilic than when using conventional softeners, thus avoiding the effect of “towels not drying out”.
- It allows the formulation of more environmentally-friendly softeners.
|This new technology patented by Lubrizol™ to manufacture fabric softeners with the Noverite™ 300 functional polymers, modifies the fabric softeners formulations and facilitates the manufacturing processes. Thanks to them, the products can be more diverse and environmentally-friendly, and no more special facilities are needed to manufacture fabric softeners.|
If you want more details about the technology to formulate softeners with Noverite™ 300, please contact your sales agent of Quimidroga or write to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Quimidroga is the exclusive distributor of Lubrizol™ Home Care in Spain and Portugal. Lubrizol™ Home Care offers a wide range of specialty ingredients to improve the properties of the cleaning products. The innovative ingredients of Lubrizol™ are used to improve detergency, to modify the rheology of the products or to give new attributes to the formulations.